Mission and Outreach Team:
The Mission and Outreach Team educates and involves the congregation in the work and mission of the Presbyterian Church through Presbyterians Sharing and Presbyterian World Service and Development (PWS&D) and promotes ways of being the body of Christ in the Barrie Community.
The Membership Team:
Our team meets the fourth Tuesday of September, November, January, March and May in the church library.
We are responsible for:
- The Welcoming Ministries at St. Andrew's including: Arranging for greeters, ushers and elevator operators for all the worship services
- Reaching out to new people at worship
- Supporting the Pastoral care team who visit, send cards and call our people who are at home, in hospital and/or are ill
- Supporting the work of the Cradle Roll Secretary who welcomes children and their families at baptism
- Supporting communications both within and outside the church family through “The Awareness” – Our church newsletter, our website, the “Calendar of Events”, the outdoor sign and advertising in local newspapers and brochures
Education and Lifelong Learning Teams
St. Andrew’s encourages and supports spiritual and personal growth for children, youth and adults through such ministries and programs as nursery care for young children during worship, Sunday church school, Vacation Bible Camp, adult study series, Bible studies, Speaker Series, Aging Gracefully and the provision of CareNotes on a variety of themes. Please refer to the Sunday Bulletin, Awareness, or Lifelong Learning on this web-site for current information.
Two Teams support these ministries: Education Team (children, youth and families) and Lifelong Learning Team (adult education)
Churches, just like our homes need resources to operate. One of the most important resources for a church is volunteers. If no one contributed their time and talents the church could not operate successfully. Everyone has different skills that taken together create a vibrant church. Of course financial resources are also important. A strong financial position enables us to continue the important missions of St. Andrew's.
The Stewardship Team is responsible for stewardship awareness within the congregation. November is Stewardship Month where the focus is on Stewardship.
The Stewardship Team also organizes a number of activities throughout the year to raise funds to contribute to the operating budget.
Another important aspect of our church's financial well being is the St. Andrew's Endowment fund. Established in 2008 it continues to grow and will increasingly provide resources to fund our ongoing missions here at St. Andrew's. For more information click Endowment Fund
Estate Planning is also an important opportunity for members to contribute to the ongoing mission of St. Andrew's. For more information about Estate Planning click Planned Giving
- Next >>